10/24/2013

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman 10-24-13

Neverwhere pages 1-96

Describe the setting – when and where what you are reading takes place.

So I would have started blogging this sooner but it was taking a vacation in that one pocket in my backpack that I put things and then forget the pocket exists.... It's like a reverse Narnia for pockets because books can't tell time. Anyway I've been liking it so far, I'm sure it'll start to make more sense later, but I'm liking it.

So on to where it takes place! It takes place in London, England, and so far as of now it's mostly in the underground. There is a map of the underground train routs and such -I think- but what the heck is the point of a map WHEN THE LETTERS ARE TO SMALL FOR YOU TO READ?!? Thats been bugging me a bit but oh well. I am not all that familiar with London but I know that due to all of the tunnels and such Big Ben is having structural issues so there must be a lot of them.... At the beginning it was taking place on the surface of London, but due to things that happen he has no need to be there, and the girl he's looking for is going to be under so thats where he is looking for her. 

     I'll be farther into it on the next blog so I'll be able to be into more depth, it's really interesting. Personally I'm a fan of the Neil Gaiman books my parents will let me read, so I have pretty good expectations for this one. 

4 comments:

  1. I really liked how you added humour to your post, it made it fun to read. Neil Gaiman is a great writer, so I'm glad you like him too :D. Have you read the Graveyard Book? I also thought the setting in this book looked really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first book of his I read, or, heard read aloud more rather since my Mom read it while we drove to texas a while back. I liked the witch, she was a nice friend for Bod. ^^

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily-
    I want to know what happened in the book!! You didn't blog about it the next week!

    ReplyDelete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!