12/19/2013

House of Hades week one 0-261


 What was going through your mind as you read?
(This was a bit of a debate because I swear a lot in my mental dialogue but whatever, most people probably do.)


These are in no order what-so-ever
First sentence of the entire book: "During the third attack, Hazel almost ate a boulder." - Well that escalated from nothing to not good in under three seconds.

"One panicked and ran face first into a tree"- monsters have the grace of 50 pound boulders....

"Frank glared at him. "Now you remember?"
Nico hung his head almost as low as a katobleps. ", uh... used to play this stupid card game when I was younger. Mythomagic. The katobleps was one of the monster cards."
Frank blinked. "I played Mythomagic. I never saw that card."
"It was on the Africanus Extreme expansion deck."
"Oh."" Incoherent fangirling that can roughly be translated to: You two are such dorks, Nico why do you have to be so adorable, why have I not found fan art of this scene yet, and, if there isn't a scene where these two play each other I am going to be highly disappointed.

*Pretty much every part with Octavian ever*- I cannot wait for you to die.


"Suddenly where Nico di Angelo had been standing was a potted plant about five feet tall, with drooping green leaves, tufts of silk, and half a dozen ripe yellow ears of corn."- *Face palm* *Sarcastic clapping* Way to go, you pissed off another god.

"No need." Reyna said, studying Rachel Dare. Do you bring weapons?"
Rachel shrugged. "I hit Kronos in the eye with this hair-brush once. Otherwise, no."- Behold, my favorite mortal character in the entire series. If she and Octavian should have an argument she will beat his but through the floor. Wait... what if Octavian is one of Gaea's pawns and he's purposfully trying to make the Romans and Greeks battle so it's easier for her to take over the world....


"And Hecate? I'm not choosing one of your paths. I'm making my own." You go girl.

I purposefully avoided some parts, Annabeth's and Percy's in particular, in case other people in this class want to read it and didn't want any major spoilers.

7 comments:

  1. Emily, this was a very entertaining post! Your pictures made me want to figure out why thats your reaction so that motivated me to read your post. Most people would just look at your gifs. I love the one about Octavian. Yes, I really want him to die but suffer to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you did a great job on this blog and really let me know what you were thinking. This was a really creative blog that I can tell you really thought over. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. I love how you put in the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your post to be very funny with all of the videos. I would of never of thought of making videos and putting them in the blog. I enjoyed your post very much. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of the most entertaining blog posts I've read :D it was so creative and your facial expression really made me laugh, and they are relatable to pretty much any book (especially with the fangirling) have you found fan art yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the gifs!!! I think it's great how you put your opinion in here and I may try this next time! Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily-

    This was definitely one of the most creative blog posts I've read all year. You intrigue people to read your blog through your gifs and inspire others to branch out at the same time. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!