1/16/2014

Divergent- week 1-14-14 - Pages 1-311 Possible Spoilers


What emotions do you feel about your reading? Describe what is going on in
the reading that makes you feel that way.

This will not be in any order, I'm just going by what I remember strongest.


"Edward lies on the floor next to his bed, clutching at his face. Surrounding his head is a halo of blood, and jutting between his fingers is a silver knife handle." 
    To be completely honest I was really not expecting that. I mean, I knew Peter was a jerk (to put it in a school appropriate way) but really man? Your seriously that desperate!?  At this point I'm not sure who I'm supposed to hate more, him or Erik!  I mean seriously, if you want to make a character the readers aren't supposed to like, by all means make them, but you don't need more than one Octavian here....

"My father's eyes burn into mine with a look of accusation."
    Oh yeah, accuse her of not staying with you even though it's obvious Abnegation doesn't come to her naturally. So what if your kids don't stay! Be happy they found where they should go, and actually had the guts to go there. She's gonna be happier where she's going and you should know that. Don't glare at her like it's her fault she doesn't fit into your faction, be grateful she's going where she wants to and not staying with you because she thinks she has to; where she'd always feel awkward and out of place. Also, your not supposed to be selfish, and wanting your kids to have stayed with you in your faction is extremely selfish indeed mister.

'"You look good Tris."'
*Main love interest has been detected*
Now as long as they don't fall off a cliff like my other book OTP, everything will be fine....

"'I don't think tea is the solution.'"
Tris you have obviously not had enough tea. Tea solves everything. So does chocolate. Tea and chocolate can solve pretty much any emotional problem eventually

"Somthing terrible has happened. I feel it with every thump of my heart. It's Al."
Well you did pretty much say that you'd never forgive him (not as if he deserves forgiving, because I agree with you Tris, he doesn't, but still....), he doesn't want to fight any more kids to get to the top of the ranking, and somethings been up with him since the second task started. He honestly didn't have much of a fighting chance to get in. Also, he liked you, so you were probably the reason he stayed. Other than his relationship with you, which he just sort of screwed over by helping Peter, he probably didn't see much of a point. And once you said that it dominated over everything else. He probably decided that it would be less painful than to see you everyday and have you act like he's not there. 




2 comments:

  1. Emily,
    Excellent blog this week! I really enjoyed it! You did a great job expressing your feelings and thoughts about certain parts of the book, through your words. Most of those events irked me when I read "Divergent" as well. I also did not like how Peter went to certain lengths to get on top! I really liked Edward! I also felt sad and upset when Al killed himself, I still don't think that was a good solution (why Veronica Roth, why?) Overall, great job describing your thoughts and feelings about the book! They were very detailed and descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your truth in your blogs is refreshing! I wholeheartedly agree with your chocolate and tea statement.

    ReplyDelete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!