5/18/2015

Final Reflection

One of the things I learned this year that will stay with me is foreshadowing. Not only does it help me predict what will happen in a story as a reader, but it also will help me do foreshadow as an author. Another thing would be annotation because we had to do so much of it during our short story unit. It was ridiculous. The last thing is probably how to do quotes. That's going to help a lot in the future. Like, school future. Probably less so in adult life future but we have eight years where we'll have to do essays and those essays will most likely include quotes so knowing how to incorporate them properly is nice.

Sardines. Goodness gracious that was gross. Not disgusting really, just icky. I felt like I ate a spoonful of plain canned tuna. it was simply not right. I'll probably remember whenever we had times where we got to bring in food simply because this is the only class where we were allowed to plan something like that.

Probably the nicest thing someone did for me this year from our class is either Athziry for being my friend or Autumn for letting us sit with her during lunch. I really sort of switched friend groups this year because I stopped sitting with the people I sat with last year and at the beginning of this year during lunch. It was nice to have people like, actually talk to me while we ate our food. So thanks you two for that. <3 This sort of goes into the next question also. I'm not sure that I taught anyone anything asides from Knitting Club where I showed Jenna how to knit but I know something I learned was that it's okay to just walk away from certain people. I don't ignore them or anything, and I'm still friends with some of them, but I'm glad I did it.

The thing I'm most proud of doing this year was the spelling tests. Last year I was really not all that great but this year I think the lowest grade I got was somewhere in the low 80%'s? Either way, huge improvement.

The most challenging part was probably just doing the work. Like, I knew I had to do things, and I sort of panicked about them, but I just didn't. It's just a problem I have. I'm trying to actually do things but sometimes I just don't. I'm going to try though.

The best thing I wrote this year for this class was the ending for "Cask of Amontillado". It was a fun assignment and I really like what I was able to do with the ending. Violet knows.You can't hide anything from the wife.

Blood of olympus was my favorite that I read this year. Nico and Reyna are bae. My underworld child finally got POV chapters. It was the best.

Have fun. Bring food when you guys have parties. Actually do your homework. DO NOT FORGET YOUR AOW PAPER. Have fun though. As long as you do things your supposed to this class is super fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!