11/27/2013

other late post- Neverwhere 193-231

So there is this monster that Richard, the main character keeps seeing someone kill in first person in his dreams in the sewer. Apparently, as they (Richard and Door) have been told by Hunter, it is the Monster of the London Underground. From it's description to me it sounds like a giant boar.
"They say it's hide bristles with the swords and spears and knives stuck in him by those who have tried and failed. His tusks are razors, and his hooves are thunderbolts. I will kill him, or I will die in the attempt."
Apparently there are monsters in all of the undergrounds. She Slain the giant Alligator 
king in the sewers of New York,  the bear that "stalked the city beneath Berlin."(Germany), and the black tiger underneath Calcutta.(in India, also spelled Kolkata) It's nice to finally know what he had been dreaming about. I'm not sure if he had pieced together the fact that she was talking about the same thing, but he'll realize it eventually. I really hope Hunter doesn't die, I like her. People need to stop dyeing in the books I read. This is why I don't plan on reading John Green's books anytime soon. I don't want to be sitting in class reading and get to a sad/emotional in general part and start crying. That would probably make Abdiel rather uncomfortable.

I am rather worried as to what the Mr. C and V's employer is planning on doing with Door. Also, who he is is also troublesome. I thought he had been De Carabas (Someone helping Door find out who killed her family and why)  because that would make since, keep your friend close and the girl who's family I am suspecting you ordered two strange guys to murder even closer, right? That was a bust though, so now I feel bad. Like when you expect something bad of someone and your wrong, fictional character version. 
Kolkata

Berlin

New York
Kolk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!