4/30/2015

Tuesdays with Morrie

Prompt is family.

To be honest I'm not really sure what to make of Morries opinion of having kids and being married and raising children. (Because having kids and then raising them are two completely different things) I don't like kids. I have to younger cousins who are five and three, and everyone on their moms side of the family is that age as well while their dads side of the family (us) are in collage with the acception of myself and Sarah, who is a freshman.
On my cousins birthdays their moms side of the family comes over as well, so its just small children everywhere and its loud and exhausting and messy. I really don't want that. If I do ever end up having kids in my life I'm adopting teenagers, because for all I know I won't even be able to have kids with the person I choose to commit myself to.
Another thing is I really don't get the point of marriage. Like, the relationship you have with that person doesn't change, it's just a legal document. Sure, the perks and legal implications are a plus but other than the fact that you've found a person you want to share those perks with I don't really see it as any kind of milestone in life. It's not even me not wanting to be tied down because if your getting married it shouldn't feel like your being tied down. If it feels like that you shouldn't be getting married. Like that trope with guys that marriage is the worst thing ever like; thats not healthy. That's not a healthy relationship like at all.
But you know, whatever ends up happening to me in my adult family life I've got how to raise kids down moral-wise pretty much and what I want in a relationship is down packed so it'll end up fine probably.
Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!