2/27/2014

Will Grayson Will Grayson- 0-87 2-17-14


Think of a problem that a character had to face. Write the problem and how the
character solved it or is working to solve it. If you were that character, what
would you do differently?

So the main character of the odd numbered chapters, Grayson, is sort of set up by his friend Tiny when Tiny tells a girl-friend of his he likes her because he knows she likes him in order to get them together. Then Tiny makes it so Jane drives him home from school right after. Grayson has this motto of his to shut up and not get involved with things, this would be one of those things. Although he does like Jane and is fond of her, he isn't really sure if he likes her that way. They do have some good chemistry I think, but I'm not sure if it's enough to form a stable relationship. 

So while the two of them are in Jane's car, he stops at a stop sign while their talking and leans in to kiss him. "She closes her eyes and tilts her head and I turn away."  This so far is the biggest problem Grayson's dealt with fully this far in the book. After a couple awkward sentences they have a mutual understanding and get back to being just friends, though there is still a lingering question for Grayson as to does he like her that way or not, and should he go against his motto of shutting up and be with her incase it does work?

I personally wouldn't have shied away from her. I mean, if I had the same mixed up feelings about her as Grayson, but she had romanic (or both) feelings for me, then I think I could work. After all, if your going to be with someone, they should be someone you also get along with as friends! You'll have more in common, and in my point of view probably have a better understanding of one another as long as you talk to each other a lot about things like how you feel and your day. Besides if it doesn't work that well Jane and I could still just be friends, after all even though we don't get along on the level of a romanic relationship, we know we get along on the level of friendship. Although things would be a bit strange at first it would probably end up fine despite possible hurt feelings in the past. 

If I did end up shying away from her or staring at her wide eyed not sure what to do (because thats a more realistic response from me to be honest, I'd just be blank minded and not sure how to react before it was to late....) we'd probably just end up being friends like Grayson and Jane in the story, and I would be fine with that. I have that experience from Jane's side of the story where I had romantic feelings for someone not returned and we're still best friends*. They know, they're fine with it, my knowing that they're fine with it makes me happy and okay with just being friends. Pretty much what I'm saying is that either way things would probably end up fine, kiss or blank stare on my part if it had been Jane and I instead of her and Grayson.


*None of you people know this person, they have never gone to school with me, and I probably won't tell you who it is if you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!