2/02/2015

Books I've read recently I would Reccomend 1-24-15

AKA The All Souls trillogy because that's going on the top list of Adult series' for the rest of my life.

Remember these?
 


Hella Rad book series. If you like modern magic, 3D characters, world bulding that makes sense and really cute romantic subplot that doesn't overshadow whats going on THEN BOY DO I HAVE GOOD NEWS.
It's slightly adult, I'm going to say that right off the batt. Diana and Mathew are adults that are in love and what do adults that are in love do? Eachother. It never gets detailed and only happens maybe six to eight times throughout ther series so it's really not that big of a deal. Really it's just cute because they love eachother and intimacy of any kind is adorable in my opinion. There's also like four-nine swear words in the last book because A- laybor is extremely painful and B- kidnapping Diana's family is not a thing you do without the rath of a god being dropped upon your head like an anvil in a looney toons episode.

      One thing that is really great about this series is that it's so realistic. The Author Deborah Harkness brings so much history and science into the world that the only loophole I can think of is a slight spoiler that I won't go through but if anything it's only big enough for a finger so it's easily over looked. She goes through the genetics that make the creatures (Witches, Daemons, Humans, and Vampires) different from eachother, which is totally a thing I'm into so as the world developed in that way I was just sort of like:


It's just really amazing and admirable from both a reader and author standpoint how much depth and thought Harkness (I can't find whether or not she's married so I'm really not sure what to put before her last name....) has put into the world. Her characters are well done, the things they go through are realisticly written (lets just say I have zero qustions on the physical effects of being a woman who is pregnant), and it's emotional in a realistic way. The world she spins pulls you in and envelopes you like a blanket but all to soon it ends and your just sitting there at the end of the last book like


Because you liked the ending BUT YOU DON'T WANT IT TO STOP.
All I can hope for is a series of short stories about the twins growing up. It would be great. Perhaps I could email her.

2 comments:

  1. This was an awesome blog Emily! :) You did a great job including all the pieces of why you really liked the book; and the pictures you chose made it really funny. I also liked the one part when you said, "B- kidnapping Diana's family is not a thing you do without the wrath of a god being dropped upon your head like an anvil in a looney toons episode." I thought that comparison was hilarious. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!