5/06/2014

Allegiant 5-5-14

Okay so something I noticed about the antagonists, Jeanine and the Bureau, is that they're both trying to pretty much edit humanity. Jeanine was trying to stop Divergence, and the Bureau is trying to fix the GD and make Divergence. They're both over all going against human nature. However convoluted the propaganda making them believe what they are doing is proper, they think that when what they do is done humanity will be this perfect thing.

The Bureau people think that the only reason things are so bad is because of the GD. The think that Gp people are incapable of doing bad things. It's like if your GP you're this sort of all perfect whole being. Since the government hasn't told them, or everyones just forgot in general, that even GP personnel are extremely flawed, the project is of much importance to the people who are working on it. They don't really care about the well being of the GD's who live in the fringe. They don't try to help them by supplying them with protection or equal rights that are actually followed. They say that it'll be pointless to help them with food and shelter, when over all if they solve the GD problem it will benefit them more; which I don't quite understand. The people who are GD are going to be like that their whole lives. It's not something like a bone that can heal. Perhaps they aim to mix the GP's with the GD's once the experiments are successful so it'll heal over time, generation after generation? Maybe they aim to have people coupled, one person GP, the other GD, so that it'll have  a larger chance of spreading even more to the next generation.

To be honest I think that they themselves don't even know how they'll go about fixing things once the experiments prevailed. Perhaps Veronica knew that Tris and her group were going to cause it's downfall so she didn't need to think out the rest of it. To be honest, I don't really blame her for not really thinking it through much, it shows the reader how flawed the initial argument in the story actually was in the first place. Also if it wasn't going to actually work why put forth the effort? It's just more stress in opinion. Perhaps she got an idea but decided it wasn't really necessary. Perhaps there is a plan and I just missed it. Maybe I haven't gotten to the part where it's brought up and questioned at all.

I've kind of notices how with this book I'm focusing a lot more on the world than the characters and whats personally going on with them. To be honest I don't really like all of the emotional stuff that they're going through. It's just either upsetting or infuriating. -So totally not looking at that one thing Tobias did- Also, and I've mentioned this before though it's settled down since they got out of the city, so many people die. I kind of think that because of that I've emotionally detached myself from them so much that I don't even care much what happens to them anymore. Sure I was sort of upset when Tris and Tobias were about to break up but thats just kind of a wall that I kind of have in real life with kids our are age. In this case, the reason is one of them will just end up dead (I know already who does anyway) and that will be the end of that. The other will probably move on, and though there will always be a hole that can never be filled, they will still find someone else.  The other wall in real life is that they're so young it'll just end soon anyway. They were never even really even friends before. I just find it silly. In other words I've just kind of sabotaged myself for connecting to these characters at this point. I guess it has it's pro's and con's, but over all it won't go on so even if I hadn't broken that tie the story just ends, and it probably won't be a very good one either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!