3/06/2015

AOW impressions 2/20/15

The main event people focused on was the Egypt's reaction to the beheading of 21 of their christian citizens, done by the terror group ISIS. Egypt bombed ISIS controled sections in Libya in retaliation. I think a lot of people focussed on this because it's kind of a big thing. This is the first time, I have heard of, that ISIS has killed so many people at once. There are also posibilities of a war between the two.

Another ISIS related thing was that Europe is becomming slightly more worried that the group will begin to move more north. Italy has reportedly began defense in case such threat becomes more prominant. Since ISIS is a terrorist group, being afraid of them just sort of gives them more power, however if we don't defend against what they can actually do we're just being foolish and making it easier for them to spread territory. Seeing Italy doing something in advanced is somewhat reassuring, because if they're prepared for what may happen, there's a better chance ISIS will lose if they try something.

1 comment:

  1. Good Blog! I agree with you that most articles focused on ISIS. Isn't it like that every time we do a gallery walk? I found it interesting that you said this week was the first time you heard about ISIS killing many people at once. I know I have read a few articles before but I'm surprised this was the first time! Anyway, good job! By the way, I like the horoscopes on the side of your page!

    ReplyDelete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!