3/13/2015

Third Quarter Blog 3-13-15

The only book I actually finished this quarter was Looking for Alaska, because I was only reading the other books because I had to be reading something. Looking for Alaska however, was something that I had actually been sort of wanting to read, so I actually finished it. First book I've finished this year. Woohoo. (That is a sarcastically celebratory "woohoo", mind you)

I've probably read eight books, counting the ones for L.A. and Social Studies. I'm not counting the ones I haven't finished though. The five books I did like though were the All Souls Trilogy because I ship Diana and Mathew almost to the same level as I do Persephone and Hades, Blood of Olympus because Nico and Reyna got POV's and that was bomb, and Looking For Alaska because Alaska was cool even though the main character is kind of like, really self-centered and annoying at the end. A thing I'd like to remind you guys about myself regarding the 40 book challenge though is that I don't do it. I'll read what I read. You can't make me read stuff I don't want to. If I want to read a book of poetry it'll be because A- it's for a class and I have no choice, or B- I fricking want to. I'm not going to do it because of a challenge. I read things because I find them interesting. If I did the 40 book challenge I'd probably have to read things that I don't find interesting and it'd end up this horrible thing I have to slog through.
I'm not doing that.
It's not worth it.

To be honest I write the same as I always do. This year though there's way more posts in my "other" tag than last year, and less in actual "book blogs". I'm not even counting the ones for Passion Project either just the ones in this actual class. Since we started doing the AOW impressions and an AOW had to be posted on here one week so it's mostly miscellaneous. However my blog it's self has gone through different theme changes and stuff so that was fun to do.

Things I've learned about the world

  • Climate change is screwing up most things
  • There are like four really bad things going on globally (ISIS, North Korea, Russia/Ukraine, Boko Haram) and everyone is fighting all over the place and eventually they're all going to end up this one big fight like how WW1 started and it'll be WW3 and then we're gonna have to deal with all of it and that just really sucks.
  • America really needs to start focusing on the injustice within it's boarders instead of distracting it's self with things over-seas. Like, stopping terrorism is nice but that's protecting us from afar when there's literally problems hurting us right here that need to be delt with.

I know how to properly cite things like an adult. I research things the same way but putting them in the thing they need to be put into has improved. Now I can truly be an adult. I may not know how to do taxes or get a job but atleast I can do in-text citations!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!