3/27/2015

Night 3-26-15

So something I noticed in the beginning of the book was how everyone in Elies town is so optimistic. It kind of makes me wonder if they were just blissfully ignoring the fact that they were going to get overrun by Nazis or if they genuinely thought that everything was going to end before it got to them. Sure, the Nazis were nice to them at first when they became occupied but I'm pretty sure that if I had been there I would still have doubts....

The other thing that I thought was interesting was that the woman knew there would be fire awaiting them wherever they were going to be taken. Seerly premonition?

Something else that got me thinking on a more personal level was at the end, when Akiba the Drummer says "God is testing us. He wants to find out whether we can dominate our base instincts and kill the satan within us. And if he punishes us relentlessly, it's a sign that He loves us all the more." To be honest as far as relationships and love go thats a red flag for abuse if you ask me. Like, if this God is supposed to be all loving, then why do you have to go through all of these tests of hardship? If they are all loving, then they would care about us and not want us to go through all of these horrible things. There probably wouldn't even be a hell to speak of because with unconditional love comes acceptance and forgiveness, and so they'd forgive whatever bad things or 'sins' we had, and let us move on. Or else explain why the thing we did was bad if we don't understand, and then let us move on once we do come to an understanding. It's just so contradictory to me. I'm not trying to put down anyone who agrees with what Abkiba said, it just doesn't add up to the unconditional love thing this God has been said to have for everyone in my opinion.
If you guys would like to comment on this please do, I want to see what everyone else thinks about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!