4/03/2014

Insurgent- Pages 1-313 4-3-14


 Describe the major conflict. What side are you on?

     The Major conflict in this series is human nature. Jeanine Mathews, who is the main antagonist and the leader of the opposing movement, wants to make the factions pure as possible and get rid of people with divergence. People with divergence fit into more than one faction. In order to make everything work her way, she must get rid of them. On the other side of course, are the divergent people, the faction less and everyone who doesn't want Jeanine in control. This is the side our main character Tris, who is divergent and out POV, is on. 
"I shiver. the way he talks about getting out–it's like he thinks we're trapped."

    I, personally, have a feeling that I would be divergent mostly because I think I'd fit in pretty well in Amity, Erudite and/or Dauntless. They all have their own pro's and con's. Because of this I would definitely be on the side Tris is on. Even though Jeanine would be my enemy if I was a character in the book, I do still understand what she's trying to do. She just wants everything to be perfect and doesn't care about the lengths she has to go to in order to achieve her view of perfection. And while it is a twisted horrible process she does believe it will be worth it; and while I admire her determination, I still don't agree with her and her morals.
'"They each have an equal role in government; they each feel equally responsible. And it makes them care; it makes them kind. I think that's beautiful."

     Over all, I'm not really enjoying the book, I'm mostly just getting through it. Distopian/Utopian fiction isn't exactly my slice of cake; which it ironic because I'm writing one. It's just sort of dark and mellow and though there are some lighter parts it's just sort of depressing to see how whats going on is shaping the characters, Tris in particular. She nearly has a panic attack every time she holds a gun now because she had to shoot one of her best friends during the first simulation in Divergent. Though she's nearly over it now how realistic everything really sucks you in and you feel bad for her. None of this is her fault but so many people have dies because of her and on her hand. It's just sort of upsetting in general.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great blog post. I agree with you when you said that you're just getting through the book instead of enjoying it. I was not really happy with a lot of the events and it just seemed like a dark book in some way. Also- how would you describe the setting of the book you are writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job describing the many details included the pages you've of Insurgent. I like how you included the major conflict and background information about antagonist and protagonist. At first I thought you did like the book because you seemed interested in it. Anyway I like how you provided your true opinion instead of faking it. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious as to why you decided to read this trilogy? Do you think you will finish it through until the end?

    ReplyDelete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!