10/24/2014

Any Prompt? 10-24-14


(Now that I've slightly startled you all with that, let's get down to business)

     So I've kind of noticed that I've been heading out of my comfort zone lately. A while ago on Goodreads I made a folder of books I plan to read this grade. Our of nine books, five of them are non-fiction. That's more than half. Only one of them is even remotely fantasy, which is something I sort of stuck to for a while; like that one piece of gum on the the bottom of your shoe that you don't notice until you walk on something tile and it starts to make a strange sloping noise every time you step. The only one being the last of the Ascension Trilogy with Jaron the 15-year-old king leading his kingdom into what will soon be a war. (Remember the cunning sarcastic little thing that I really like which made me question myself in my top ten book list? He is the thing.) The other three are the last two books in the Maze Runner series, which is odd too since I don't like distopian either, and Freaks and Revelations, which is realistic fiction.

     Although I must make point that two of the books are only on the list because of the author, (Take the Cannoli, The Partly Cloudy Patriot- Sarah Vowell) and the another one is a biography of sorts(?) by Amanda Palmer who is one of my favorite music artists and the wife of Neil Gaiman. The last two fall into the same category as The Invention of Murder because I like murder history and forensics. The Poisoners Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York seems like it will be an interesting read and there is actually a documentary on it, so that will be quite un to watch afterwards as well. The last and final one is of the also very long title (why do they all have such long titles anyway it's not like they have to compensate for something their books they'll be interesting regardless-) of Victorian Murderesses: A True History of Thirteen Respectable French and English Women Accused of Unspeakable Crimes. 

     So those will be the books I plan to read this grade. A lot of history and murder. I guess the moods will match my spooky background. 

2 comments:

  1. Emily,
    First of all, I love the whole theme of your blog. What has gotten you into murder history? Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of interested in Forensics and cop shows, and old murder history really sort of shows how it became a thing in pop culture so i interests me.

      Delete

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!