10/21/2014

Time Travel Q&A




Okay so before we start with this I want to make something very clear. In my mind, there are two types of time travel scenarios. The first being static, where no matter what, when you exist nothing changes because it happened already. Like if you caused butterfly's not to exist, the future wouldn't change from what you were from because you grew up with the extinction of butterflies and all that was caused do to it.

It would look like this.

__________________________


The other is parallel. In "The Sound Of Thunder" the change in the past, caused a branch off of the original time line where everything was then changed. Sort of like this. Dotted line is parallel due to change, solid line is original, 0 is point of change.

-----------------

_____________0____________





Q: Where would you go?


If my point was to change something, I would do something connected to my own life. If it wasn't, I would want to see what Berwyn and our suburban area looked like 70 years ago when all of our houses were new and being built because I like architecture.


Q:To which year or period would you travel?


Earlier 2000's, 2002-2005.


Q: Who would you want to meet or what event would you want to witness?

My mom to ask her something explained later.


Q: Where would you find this person or see this event?

In the house we live in now.
Q: Why would you want to meet this person or witness this event?\


When I was little my mom had a friend named Kate who had a son my age named Fin. We'd play together while they talked. He was my first friend. Around the end of pre-school our mom's had an argument about something Kate did or lied about that my mom didn't like and they stopped being friends. I haven't seen Fin since. I'd ask if we could still have playdates and be friends even though she and Kate weren't, because i think it's kind of unfair.


Q: How might YOU change history?


Maybe my mom and Kate would have made up and have a tolerance for one another. Perhaps Fin and I would still be friends. I'd also be able to apologize to his little sister for all of the mean things I did that at the time I hadn't realized were mean. I am the reason I don't like little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!