10/21/2014

Passion Project: What are you looking to achieve? 10-21-14

What do you want to do for your passion project? What will this look like? How long will this take to achieve?

     For my Passion Project I want to publish/submit my short stories and poetry to lit. magazines for young adults like us. So far in sight I have Cicada, which has a prompt each month. However I will look for a magazine that does not, so I can publish ones previously written. The plus with Cicada at least is that they'll buy the rights to it so I'll get paid! It's all very fun.
     It's a longer process that could take up to almost a year, but when something does get accepted it will be in a magazine.

Why do you want to do this for your project? What are you looking to achieve? How will you know if you've been successful?

     Every since sixth grade when I sort of started to get my story ideas solidified and onto paper I've wanted to get them published. It's sort of been a three year dream of mine at this point in time. And besides, I have a lot of ideas and plots in my head, why not share them with people?
     I know I'll be successful when I get the news that something of mine is getting published. It doesn't matter if it happens soon or over the summer or not until I'm in high school because no matter when I'll have been successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any feedback, questions, or suggestions welcome!